14. dets 2011

Tallinn Club 2011 opening party with bass-music legend Shackleton from UK


31.12.2010 / 01.01.2011, Shackleton, Tallinn Club 2011 (Mart Nesser - MuKriErikursus 2010 VKA)
  
Tallinn Club 2011 means series of club-music events linked with Tallinn being European Culture Capital in 2011. I went to see only Shackleton, the legend and also second place owner in my top 5 of „must see“ list.



When I walked in, I saw that main hall was big white-coloured room, what I think should be perfect for modern art gallery or warehouse. Everything was so white and empty, not the sound-system of course. The sound-system was heavy and vibrating, a little bit to dry for my ears, but it had a LOT of power. Anyway, Shackleton means bass, so everything was in balance. I had a quick look to the B-hall, same white place, smaller although. No club-feeling in here, but I must say, that was not needed that night.

Shackleton started with a long intro, it was melodical, pitches went up and then came down. Then it started, the real Shackleton I know. Heavy, heavy, heavy. The bass wanted to rip off my pants, synth-lines tried to lift me higher than Hotel Viru, and these drums, taken from old asian movies or from god knows where. I cant put that emotion in words. I was dancing and dancing. I looked around for a second, and it still felt a bit empty for me, but i didn‘t care. Even the fact, that Shackleton was a DJ with a laptop, I still didn't care. Lighter dubstep-like stepping was slowly replaced with four-on-the-floor techno stepping. It was grazy, everything was grazy.

Shackleton is one of the few artist, who showed me a new dimension of being producer or DJ. Mindtrip with his music was a one time experience. Big up for the promoters!

Mart Nesser (UT VCA Student of Cultural Management)

The longer estonian version of this review participated in the contest IN FOCUS OF YOUNG CRITICS 2011 I round (www.luubiall.ee).

Kommentaare ei ole:

Postita kommentaar