14. dets 2011

Exciting and thrilling concert with balalaika virtuoso Aleksei Arhipovski


30.09.2010, Balalaikavirtuoso Aleksei Arhipovski concerttour (Tallinn–Tartu–Viljandi), Russian CulturalCentre, Tallinn (Raido Nurk - MuKriErikursus 2010 VKA)

Aleksei Arhipovski Estonian concert tour was my first time when I heard him live on stage. The first concert took place in Tallinn, in the Russian Cultural Centre (Vene Kultuurikeskus). Arhipovski performed in three places, in Tallinn, Tartu and Viljandi. He is a solo artist and plays the balalaika. His concert amazed me an in very positive way. Before the concert, I had only heard the songs through YouTube. I planned to attend all three concerts.



He was very great in playing balalaika, I did not expect that kind of virtuosity. I couldn´t believe that he could make me feel like he is the only player on the stage, it felt like there was a whole orchestra playing. He was dressed very simply, but the audience was in contrary dressed very festive. Arhipovski greatest song was the song where he imitate that he catch the fly, using his full balalaika playing skills. It was very interesting to watch and listen.

Only one thing disturbed me. It was his humming when he played, and that was quite annoying.

But the audience was very pleased and thankful. I think that was a great performance and delightful concert, and I will remember this a very long time.

Raido Nurk (UT VCA Student of Cultural Management)

Kommentaare ei ole:

Postita kommentaar